Evil Parrot is not a standard hosting company, nor does it run like one. We bring a new meaning to the term “Fully Managed Hosting”. We understand that just because you’re starting a business, already own one, want to create a website, or just upgrade it to the next generation of web technology; It doesn’t mean you’re a tech guru or have an I.T. consultant.
As such, when you subscribe to our web services you also hire our I.T. department. This means we install, manage, maintain, and protect your website. We’ll also teach you how to update it later, should you require the need. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for you because we know the tech and you don’t.
Getting a website online shouldn’t mean that you need to go back to school for three years, and put your business on the side only to find out you missed the boat and someone has already stolen your name or idea. So why is it every hosting company out there has the expectation that anyone out there who wants a professional website knows how to make it? That’s where we get to come in and shake up the industry!
How it works:
- We setup the entire system (or LAMP as it can be referred to) so you have a point and click interface to update and work on your site.
- We perform backend tweaks and security updates for you. If there will be downtime, we’ll let you know in advance if we know.
- We take care of everything serverside and teach you (if need be) how to run and update your site. We can provide you with an FTP account if you need it, and are here for moral and technical support.
- If you have anything you need installed and we’re allowed to (we still have policies), we will do it for you.
- If you need E-Mails, then there is a small extra cost associated with it.
- If you require someone to help you through every step, and to answer any question you may have, update the site for you, work with you on the site, etc. Then you can purchase a monthly support package which, for you, is a really cheap I.T. guy. It’s a great idea if you’re the brains behind your company but lack the time or computer knowhow.
We’ve been doing what we do for over three years now, and aside from saying we are filling a market niche, we have learnt one other important thing; We’re needed. There are alot of people out there who want to carve out their piece of the Internet, but once they try and rent space from our competition they have no idea what to do, or what Apache is. We don’t blame those people. We spent thousands of dollars learning those very things.
Best Offer for Clients
- We’re trained in what we do
- Our site is hosted the same way yours is so you know it works
- With the click of a button you get an entire Web Team
- We’re located in a central location for quick loading speeds
- We’re 100% Wind Powered!
- 99% Uptime Guarantee for our users
- Own your piece of the Internet
- Choose from hundreds of programs to run
- All you have to do is update your content
- We’re the only people who give you back the power!
It’s important to choose an Eco-Friendly Web Host
Many people are surprised when we tell them that the internet is not green and that by no means is the web hosting industry eco-friendly. In fact studies show that by 2005 the web hosting industry used as much energy to power their servers as the equivalent of 14 major power plants. Studies have shown that by the year 2020 the web hosting industry will be as big of a polluter as the airline industry. Click here to read the third party analysis.
In addition to changing the web hosting industry’s environmental impact we have an even greater strategy which we believe will help to spread a greater eco-friendly consciousness.
It is important that this industry becomes green and Evil Parrot is one of the world’s most eco-friendly web hosting companies. We would like for you to choose a green, eco-friendly web hosting company to host your web site with. We hope that you will choose to go with the parrot for your web site, please allow us to tell you why we feel we are the best option.
Green Power Recognition.
Evil Parrot works with the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to buy wind energy credits to offset our energy consumption and to put more energy back into the grid which was produced by wind power technology.
How are we green?
Evil Parrot pulls energy from the grid just like every web hosting company. We must pull energy from the grid in order to make sure that we have a constant power flow for our servers and to make sure the servers would not be interrupted by a lack of power. Unfortunately much of the power that flows through our grid today was produced by polluting technologies.
In order to compensate for the polluting power we pull from the grid we purchase wind energy credits for the energy we consume from the grid. In fact we replace, with wind power, 3 times the amount of energy used by our servers, so if we pull 1X of power from the grid we purchase enough wind energy credits to put back into the grid 3X of power having been produced by wind power.
Other ways we are green.
In addition to purchasing wind energy credits Evil Parrot works on all of our servers and reconfigures them so that they run more efficiently using less energy and running cooler. What this means is less energy consumption on the server as well as less energy needed to cool the server. (Co-location data centers are constantly cooled [24x7x365] by enormous cooling fans which use a tremendous amount of energy). These attentions to detail on the servers allow us to be more energy efficient in our data centers, but we don’t stop there.
- Use only what’s needed.
Evil Parrot is also hyper conscious about our carbon footprint in our offices. We employ rigorous recycling in our offices and we make sure that only legal and essential documents are printed to conserve paper. Any non-essential documents which are printed by mistake are returned to the recycle paper area of the office for reuse in any other printing that we need to do. In addition we employ auto lighting control systems to make sure that the lights are not on when no one is in their offices and we make sure we power down all office equipment when not in use.
Evil Parrot searches for top notch personnel and sometimes we find talented and skilled service personnel who are not located near us. Rather than try to relocate these talented employees we allow them to telecommute from home. This allows some of our employees to not have to commute to work, saving money and carbon emissions on gas consumption for their cars.